Are you planning to move across town, to another country, or even out of the country? Or maybe you are thinking of relocating your business? We made it easier for you to choose the right moving company. Check out the best moving companies today.
In the United States today, there are more than 3 million people who move across state lines each year. If you ask them, a lot of them would say that planning and choosing the right moving company will make your moving experience smooth and hassle-free.
Here is a list of the best moving companies today.
Congratulations on your new house! Now that you have an idea on which moving companies are the most popular, it is time to pack. We have put together this list of simple moving tips that will make your move easier.
1. Get Rid Of Unnecessary Things – Before moving, you need to eliminate the unused items from your home if you want to have less stuff to pack up, unload, and organize.
We recommend clearing any clutter from your house as soon as you know that you will be moving.
2. Categorize Your Stuff – Instead of cleaning your room for a whole day, consider spending more time sorting through every clothing that you own.
Scour every dirty clothes hamper, coat closet, and scour your laundry room until you have your clothes in one place then categorize each item.
You might want to do the same thing for shoes, books, relevant documents, and the like.
3. Consider Donating Some Of Your Stuff – Other man’s trash can be another man’s treasure, right? Look for things that you don’t intend to use that you can donate.
4. Look For Stuff You Can Sell – During packing, you will probably see some items that you no longer want, but could get a little money for. If that is the case, set these things aside and look for a place where you can sell them.
There are some sites like Craiglist or AptDeco where you could sell some furniture.
5. Pick the Perfect Moving Day – Once that you have picked the right moving company, you have to schedule them at least one month before your intended moving date.
A lot of moving companies are busy during the weekends, so if you could schedule your move for a weekday, you might even get a discount.
6. Create a To-do List – A lot of movers skip this, thinking they won’t forget anything, but they are wrong. Write down the things that you need so you won’t forget about them.
7. Get Extra Packing and Moving Supplies – Most moving companies provide this, but just in case they fail, at least you have a backup. Stock up on extra supplies like light bulbs, power strips, and extension cords.
8. Pack Ahead
Do not wait until the last minute before you pack. Packing little by little is less stressful than trying to pack it all in just one day.
We ranked the best Moving Companies websites so that you can find what you need.
Last updated: 2023-03-27
Description & Features
184 Data points
171 Data points
158 Data points
146 Data points
135 Data points
125 Data points
116 Data points
108 Data points
100 Data points
92 Data points
We analyzed 1,781 hours of the most informative Moving Companies videos. These videos stood out the most:
This comparison site is made up of our own opinions and views. The ranking is determined at our discretion and is not to be used for accuracy purposes. We can provide this service at no charges thanks to a combination of referral fees and advertising income we receive from various publishers and service providers. These payments may affect our rankings and the score we assign to websites, products, and vendors. Our ratings do not imply endorsement of any kind. This website's information, rankings, and vendor list is subject to change without notice at any time.